Well, I was only able to squeeze one 4 mile run in today. Probably best, I was a little wore out from yesterdays double. But I'm hitting it hard again tomorrow.
I missed this mornings run because I was invited out to Skyline High School on the Sammamish Plateau to speak to four classes. A big THANK YOU!!!! to Miss Taryn Buehler, and her classes. I had a blast again today speaking to young men and women about organ donation. It was my first visit to Skyline and I was impressed with the school, and more importantly, its students.
One student was kind enough to draw a picture for me that I will soon scan and post onto the blog for all to see. I love seeing creativity in people who are brave enough to share. Having written some poetry myself I know to well the anxiety of opening yourself up to others opinions.
Tomorrow I am off to try and meet with former Mariner Edgar Martinez. He has agreed via email to sign a framed collectible celebrating his induction into the Mariner's HOF. This will also be added to the long list of signed memorabilia I am giving away!
So here's a funny, and ironic, story. I used to be into collecting signed memorabilia when I was younger. I'm not sure when I got away from it but it just isn't that high a priority anymore. Except for my one collection of signed baseballs. I have been slowly trying to acquire a baseball signed by each one of the 2001 116 Game Wining Mariners Team. I am about half way there now. Ironically, one of the baseballs I need is that of Edgar Martinez. He was very supportive last year of signing one for the giveaway which I had in my possession for over a month. My loving wife had a blast constantly reminding me that I still had to give it away. And when the time came after the marathon, give it away I did. I'm not to worry though, I'll add one to my collection at some time or another.
Also tomorrow I will be stopping by the Crocodile Cafe to gather information on possibly setting up a meet and greet/photo op with Vanessa Charlton. Wish me luck!
I gotta run...
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment