So I hope your Halloween was fun, and full of mischief! Honestly mine is rather drab! I dressed up as a soldier today at work; unfortunately, so did everyone else! Ha-Ha! (I'll be appearing here all week and don't forget to tip your waitresses!)
I did start out my morning running with a good friend of mine. Cliff and I ran two miles at a slow pace as he is still recovering from knee surgery. We used to run all the time when I worked at the armory before, but since I haven't worked there for awhile, we have both let the running slip. Now that I'll be back there for the next 6-8 months, were planning on doing alot more running. When we returned Tessa, another soldier who works at the armory, was just leaving for a short run, so I ran with her also. Her pace was a little faster and I did end up getting a nice workout this morning. I have decided that I am going to take it easy on the marathon this year. My training has been worse than last year and finishing is far more important than trying to better last years finish!
I have been invited out to lunch on Veterans Day by KZOK 102.5 FM! Sounds like it will be fun. I'm going to take Cliff as well, it'll be nice to go and meet some new people! A free lunch at the Outback, who could beat that mate?
I discovered that there is another National Treasure movie coming out just before Christmas! I loved the last one and am already looking forward to this one! I downloaded the trailer so you can see it here!
I can't wait to take Jen, Adrienne, and Hunter to go and see this. Kinda reminds me of Indiana Jones when I was just a kid.
I almost forgot about the exciting news of the weekend. I received a letter from an adoption agency in Phoenix. You see, about 18 years ago I agreed to place a child of mine up for adoption. I have been satisfied with that decision over the years as I still don't think I could have given her anything close to the life she enjoys now.
However, I have waited a long time hoping that someday I would have the chance to meet her. Her parents contacted me and requested an update of my life that they could share with Annie when they told her about me. I have been patient and respectful of their life together and appreciate very much the connection they have left open, and the occasional updates they have sent. I believe that the time is coming near when I will receive a phone call, an email, or the like, and a new chapter in my life I've been waiting a long time for, will finally open.
Until later,
I gotta run...
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment