Thursday, October 4, 2007

Harder than I thought and good news!!!

So, this marathon training seems a lot harder this year than last. It's a good thing I've still got awhile before the race. My body was so run down yesterday that I decided to skip a day. I had errands to do anyways. I did however make up for it today. This morning I ran 6.25 miles in just under 51 minutes without stopping. Another 2-3 tonight and I'll feel better.

So now the good news... no the GREAT NEWS!!!! One of my errands yesterday was to have Mariner Hall of Famer Edgar Martinez sign a plaque commemorating his induction into the Mariners Hall of Fame! It is inscribed "Done Vida (Donate Life), Edgar Martinez" It is numbered 116 of 411 and has two pictures, two medallions, and an information plate. All double matted and framed in beautiful blue stained wood. This is truly a gorgeous piece of memorabilia, and one of a kind! Of all the items I've acquired for the fundraiser, this one is my favorite!



A big THANK YOU!!!! to Edgar Martinez for supporting this fundraiser again this year!!! I'd also like to Thank Buffie at Branded Solutions by Edgar Martinez for assisting with acquiring Edgar's signature!!

So, here is where it's going to be different... I am not including this item in with the rest of the signed memorabilia. Instead I am going to award it to the individual, or business, that makes the largest cumulative donation!!!! A special item deserves special circumstances don't you think? So donate big, or donate small a number of times, to get this awesome collectible!

Until next time...

I gotta run...

No comments: