This week has been busy to say the least. First and foremost, a big Thank You goes out to James Woodford and his students at Franklin High School for having me out to speak to them on Monday. It was fun!!
Tuesday I stayed home and tried to accomplish things on my 'honey do' list. With all that I have going on, things sometimes slide and the misses needs to lovingly remind me of what I need to get done around the house. It just seems like the work never ends sometimes! I ended Tuesday with a night out with Randy. Randy is a fellow volunteer and heart recipient. He inspired me to become the speaker I am today. Being a few 'months' older than I, he is a great sounding board for issues I need input on or to bounce ideas off of. He has dinner at a British pub in Redmond called the Three Lions every Tuesday as they have trivia night. It was quite fun, and pretty easy from what I hear, for my first time. We had a good time and I can see myself down there again. Trivia is also a fun way to keep the brain smart. Something I sometimes have problems with ever since the coma.
Unfortunately I had a 'flare up' on Wednesday. My disease has a habit of reminding me it is still there and that I have to deal with it every so often. I woke around 3 am with a severe case of the shivers. My teeth were rattling I was shaking so bad. I put more clothes on and grabbed more blankets, only to wake up a few hours later sweating like I was sleeping in the Sahara! I stayed in bed a little longer than I had intended the next morning. I felt like I had been drop kicked in the gut. Not the first time I've felt that, and I'm sure not the last. I believe it has something to do with my Pancreas/Liver. I steered away from food and pushed the fluids al day. I'm off of active duty now so I don't have the luxury of being able to 'run down to Madigan' to get looked at. The rest of Wednesday was pretty drab but I did start to feel better in the evening.
Thursday and Friday I spent on the 'honey do' list again. I have duty this weekend so I'm forced to put the time in beforehand. I did return to running on both days, learning my lesson of taking too many days off. Thursdays run absolutely sucked. Fridays was significantly better.
We haven't received many more donations. I have a big week planned next week and then I'm going to redirect my energies towards promoting the event. I believe it is still too early for the story to peak so I've been holding back. But it's getting close to go time!
I hope to have some more news on Sunday evening and will try to post more frequently than I have this past week. I do have another blog I will be setting up for a book I will be starting soon. Stay tuned because I am going to need your help!
But for now,
I gotta run...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment