Sunday, October 21, 2007

I've lost my focus...

I'm not sure why, or where it has possibly gone. But I sure haven't had it lataly. It's after 11:30 pm and I have to get up at 5am to head to work, and I can't sleep. I can't explain the mixed feelings of dread and inattention that have enveloped me. Hopefully this will kickstart me back to where I need to be to ensure that I give this all I can, and all it deserves.

The last week was busier than the one before. Here's a recap...

Monday I attended the Marcus Trufant Bowling and Billiards Classic. On an evening that I should have been enjoying watching my brother in law hanging with his team, I instead found myself attending alone. Not being a true Seahawks fan, I tried to make the most of it. It was enjoyable and I did get a chance to thank Darryl Tapp for signing a football at the Groz-n-Gas Othon. I have met Darryl twice now and he seems to be a well balanced person whom I have enjoyed meeting. He is also a terror on the field which is fun to watch! I would strongly recommend any diehard Seahawks fan to attend this event. It is a great place to get autographs and meet some of your favorite players. It is also well organized and supports a great cause. The Trufant family should be commended. It was a class A operation!

I started my new position with the guard on Tuesday, that led to a lot of driving over the next couple of days. In one 27 hour period I commuted almost 6 hours! I am excited about the mission and look forward to becoming more actively involved in it's operations.

Thursday night found me at the Ozzy Osbourne concert at Key Arena. It was the best. A lot of people will not understand but I believe he truly is a great performer. I am a huge fan and will always go and see him when I have the chance! ROCK ON OZZY!!

As for the training, that is where I have lost a lot of my focus. I am still determined to finish the marathon, but I am doubting how soon I will finish, and in what condition I'll be in the following days. I'll be sending out emails to local papers and radio stations starting this week. We're about five weeks out and I think it's about time to start pushing the story out there. I'll also be posting more posters in earnest as well.

If you have received one of my emails please forward it to all of your co-workers and friends. This is still mostly a grass roots campaign and I will need everyones help in getting the word around. If you haven't received an email drop me a line and I'll include you on the next mass emailing. Until later...

I gotta start running again!!!

No comments: