So let's get started! I was up late last night/early this morning tweaking the blog. You'll notice a few small changes. I figured out how to add video and added two clips. The first one you will see is the afore mentioned commercial that my friend Randy Small was involved in. Scott Bennett and a few others I know are also in it as well. I think they did a great job, don't you! The second one is a new commercial from the Army Strong campaign. I love it! The music gets me fired up every time! I really like the new campaign as it delves a little deeper into what it really means to be a soldier.
We have received another donation! We are now at 18%! I'll be sending out some emails in the next day or to remind people about the fundraiser.
The Public Affairs office of the Washington Army National Guard has posted a story about me on their website to help promote the fundraiser. It can be found at: http://washingtonguard.org/news/archive/fo-Korf2007.shtml
Thank you to 1LT Keith Kosik and PFC Chris LaRue. I also want to thank MAJ Osterli, the Public Affairs Officer, for working behind the scenes and supporting my cause. Hopefully he'll be able to land an interview or two in the next few weeks! I'll keep you posted.
Now for some ramblings... For those of you who have been checking in every so often, you already know I'm a big Ozzy fan and just last week was able to go see him live! It was a blast! Well, I'm also registered with his website and get periodic updates. Interesting news tonight, Ozzy is donating all net proceeds from ticket sales and merchandise from his Nov. 20 concert in Las Angeles to the Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Program at Cedars-Sinai Hospital. The program works to improve the lives of patients and their loved ones by providing at-home help, childcare, transportation, access to support groups and patient care services offered within Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. The program also under writes colon cancer education for healthcare providers. To learn more about the program visit http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/6408.html.
I think this is awesome! I believe that heroes are people who overcome their faults and do great things for others. I believe that the Ozzman fits this mold, although not perfectly. Which I figure, is just the way he would want it! One of the things I have grown to respect in others is their compassion and what they do for others! It is a trait that I strive to meet in my own life and I challenge everyone around me, or whom I meet, to do the same!
So, last but not least tonight... Tomorrow marks my third wedding anniversary! I truly do not know where I'd be, or whether I'd even be alive, without my loving wife Jennifer. Honey, I know I don't always do the right things and that I'm not the easiest to live with; but I love you more than you know. Thank you for coming into my life. I will forever be a better person with you by my side. I love you.
I gotta run...
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment