Hello all,
Sorry it's been a few days since I've posted. Lot's to do with the holidays coming up and my new position. I was at work for 15 1/2 hours yesterday! Work is getting busy as the units I'm assisting are starting to complete some of their training requirements. I've done more data entry in the last week than I think I've ever done before.
I'm getting ready to pace another Soldier as she takes her PT test. I hope she does well. (She shaved almost a minute off her time!!) I'm planning on doing a few short runs over the next few days to remain loose. The important thing is not incurring any unfortunate injuries this close to race day. I'm going to take it slower this year as my training isn't even a quarter of what I wanted to do. I'm not sure how the die hard marathoners find the time to train. Do they not have jobs?
I'm going to have a people cheering me on out on the course this year. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll be needing any and all motivation to finish this year. Chris, Sarah, and Mac Davis will be out there as well as my parents acting as my pit stops and medication centers. LOL I'll also be joined on the race course by Randy Howard and Cliff Banta. They've agreed to come out and pace/motivate me for a bit. It'll be nice, last year at times it seemed isolated even though there were lots of people around.
We've raised over $2600 so far in the fundraiser! Not as good as last year but in the end, every dollar is going to a good cause. If you haven't donated yet and still wish to, just click on the fundraiser status board to the right!
Many thanks to all of you who have already donated. I truly do appreciate your support. The website is coming along a bit slower than I originally expected, but it's coming. Each time I sit down to work on it it gets a little easier. Anyone out there great with Dreamweaver? I could really use a 'mentor' to help me through the little problems that are so much bigger due to my inexperience with the program. But it's coming, I promise! And soon!
More to follow...
I gotta run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment