Sunday, September 30, 2007

Tomorrow starts two-a-days!

I've been putting off starting two-a-days for a week or so now. The Breast Cancer 3-Day took a little longer for my feet to recover from. But with the marathon now less than two months away, I can't procrastinate any longer. Starting tomorrow morning I'll be running twice a day for the next week or so to try and boost my training. Yesterday's 4.5 miles actually didn't feel too bad near the end. But at this point, the next 22 would probably give me some problems! LOL

I felt last year I was pretty well prepared for the run. The only problem I had was with knee pain the last 6 miles. I am attributing that difficulty to not running enough over all, and never running more than 12 miles. I'm definately going to do a couple of long runs around Halloween.

I figure that if I'm also able to drop anther ten pounds it should help. I ran last years marathon at 200 lbs. I'm currently at that weight now and I hope that the two-a-days and a little more intense training schedule this year will have me at 190 lbs on race day. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share them. I am not an expert by far on any of this stuff. I can't believe all I have been learning through this endeavor.

The fundraising page is up, unfortunately we're not seeing alot of traffic on it. We've only raised $100 so far. I am hoping that the traffic will start to pick up soon so that we will meet our goal. Please tell EVERYONE about it!!!!!

Thanks, I gotta run....

No comments: