Saturday, September 29, 2007

Three reasons why.

So, I guess the first question to answer is Why? Well, I can't say that there is any one diffinitive reason, but more of a conglomeration of three.

First, I need to get my story out. It is a strong story of courage, dedication, and perserverance. And I will delve into it in future posts.

Secondly, to create web traffic that hopefully will result in more visits to organ donation websites.

And thirdly, but most important, to increase donor registeries in every state. Without willing donors, people waiting in need of lifesaving transplants will continue to die.

My most recent endeavor is a fundraiser to raise money for the Living Legacy Foundation. I will be running a marathon, I only ask that you support by donating a dollar for each mile I will run. The money raised will help support Community Outreach and Education programs, of which I actively volunteer with. This is the 2nd year I have done this. Last year we raised $3219!!! This year however, I have set a loftier goal of $10,700!!!! To learn more about how you can help just click on the First Giving link to the right!

I had the opportunity to speak at Mercer Island High School on Tuesday. As always it was phenomenal. I truly enjoy speaking and sharing my story with young men and women.

I gotta run...

No comments: